Welcome to Pueblo, Colorado!
At the heart of Arkansas River and Fountain Creek, lies Pueblo, Colorado known once as the “Steel City” of Colorado, producing some of the largest amounts of steel in the country. Today, Pueblo is a thriving city with a revitalized downtown and river walk. Steel production is still an important part of the economy, but tourism has begun to become a front runner in the economy with restaurants and quaint shops popping up along the popular Arkansas River Walk. The city is also home to the Colorado State Fair, the annual Chili Festival, Rocky Mountain Street Rod Nationals, and Wild West Fest. Local Colorado residents flock to Pueblo each summer to visit Lake Pueblo State Park for swimming, boating, fishing, water sports, and even camping. The city once known for steel has grown into a city that can provide a little something for everyone.
For a list of areas within Pueblo, click here. Government & Civic Organization Links:
- Pueblo Parks & Recreation
- Colorado State Fair
- Destination Pueblo – Attractions
- Steelworks Museum of Industry and Culture
- Pueblo Convention Center
- Historic Arkansas River Walk of Pueblo
- Buell Children’s Museum
- Pueblo Zoo
- Lake Pueblo State Park
- Pueblo City Schools, District #60
- Colorado State University – Pueblo
- Pueblo County Schools, District #70
News and Transportation Information
Utility, Water, and Waste Information
- Board of Water Works, Pueblo, Colorado
- St. Charles Mesa Water District
- U.S. Waste Industries, Inc.
- C & C Disposal
- San Isabel Electric Assocation